top of page

Let's Talk about Your Wedding!


Getting Started


You've already done the hard part...finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with and your wedding should be a personal reflection of the two of you. 

Once you set your wedding date, it's best to contact a marriage commissioner as soon as possible. Be sure to include the date, the location and the approximate time of the wedding. Every year there are "choice" wedding dates which are in high demand, especially during the summer months.


Getting a Marriage Licence
Saskatchewan Marriage Licences are purchased from Marriage Licence issuers.  Jewellery stores or town administrators in Saskatchewan generally provide this service.  Marriage Licences purchased outside Saskatchewan are not valid for marriage in Saskatchewan.

The fee is $60.  There is no tax on a Marriage Licence.

Two pieces of identification must be presented to the marriage licence issuer.  One piece of identification must be a Birth Certificate and the other must be a photo ID, this can include Driver's Licence, Passport, Treaty Card, Citizenship, etc.

You'll be asked to supply the full name of the bride and groom, your dates of birth, religious denomination if applicable, place of birth, the full legal names of both your parents and their place of birth. It is important to check that everything is spelled and dated correctly.

Marriage commissioners cannot change information on the form.

The licence is valid for three months.  It's nice to receive the Marriage Licence several days prior to your wedding so the  required paperwork can be completed ahead of time.

At the wedding, the Registration of Marriage is signed by the bride, groom, two witnesses and the marriage commissioner. After the wedding, you will receive a Civil Statement of Marriage and as the marriage commissioner I will mail the licence to Saskatchewan Vital Staticistics...


For more information please select the following link to take you to the Ministry of Justice.







bottom of page